I am Mountain Athlete, Aspiring Alpinist, have represented India abroad. I am into all kinds of adventure sports and hold international certifications on those too. My days are spent training for climbing, actually climbing and teaching it and doing adventures. I am a law graduate but adventure is my profession!
I am recently back from representing India at UIAA Global Youth Summit in France. It was International Climbing Camp where we got opportunity to climb multi-pitch routes ranging from 800ft to 1400 ft in one go. It was amazing experience.
On 31st July 2016, I climbed Mount Kanamo (5970m), a Himalayan Peak in Spiti Valley becoming first woman to do it solo.
In June 2016, I was invited by British Mountaineering Council for International Trad meet. Only 20 women from all over the world were selected for this and I was so fortunate to climb with the best in world! Click here to read my experience.
11 & 12 July 2014, Me and Prerna from Delhi also climbed Mt. Stok Kangri (6153m) a peak in Ladakh in under 2 days, another record for Indian Women in alpine climbing.
I also give motivational talks on achievement motivation, breaking gender stereoypes and conduct adventure activities for learning and development for corporates or clubs.
I am ambassador for SJCAM India, Adventures Beyond Barriers and supported in products by Redbull and a lot of brands in kind. Got part scholarships to do courses from NOLS, at Hanifl Center and to attend the Trad Meet in UK.
I will always be thankful to Wildcraft for their constant support.
1n 2015, my startup ProEdge Adventures was instrumental in hoisting the Largest Indian Flag, 60ftx40ft on highest point in Maharashtra, Mount Kalsubai, for Indian Navy. I was in charge for logistics and operations. That was another record. I also teach climbing to the cadets in NDA, conduct workshops and eadventure events and built a climbing wall there.
Currently conducting trekking and climbing programs for people with disabilities and able bodied together through Adventures Beyond Barriers.
I have been featured in a lot of newspapers and magazines.
UPCOMING ENDEAVOURS FOR WHICH I AM LOOKING FOR SPONSORSHIPS/ FINANCIAL SUPPORT:
- American Alpine Club’s International Climbing Meet at USA in Yosemite, world’s best rock climbing area which has massive big walls, thousands of feet of sheer rock faces to climb on.
To contact me, click here.
Always happy to come for motivational talk in your club/ company/ organisation.
To read more about me, here are the link I am featured for in various newspapers, magazines, online portals etc.
- The Hindu: Making mountains her life, one peak at a time.
- Stree News: Climbing Mountains is her passion, says 25 year old Ishani Sawant
- Maruti Suzuki: Swift Glory Ad Film
- The Golden Sparrow Weekly, Pune: Conquering one cliff at a time- Ishani Sawant has made the city proud by being one of India’s finest rock-climbers and achieving heights that experts only dream of.
- Yourstory: Mountaineering is awe-inspiring and a true test of one’s courage and mettle- Ishani Sawant
- Times of India: City Youngsters Choose Mountaineering And Doodling Over Traditional Careers.
- Womens Web: Ishani Sawant Is On An Amazing Journey That Breaks Stereotypes About Women In Adventure Sports
- Redbull: Two Women Conquer Stok Kangri in Two Days
- Caleidoscope Magazine: Ishani Sawant- A Young Mountaineer
- Play Your Sport: Young and adventurous: Meet the mountain athlete who represented India at international circuit
- Girivihar International Climbing Competition: Ishani Sawant talks about qualifying route
- Outdoor Travel Gear: Outdoor Travel Gear meets Mountaineer Ishani Sawant
- Citadel Magazine: A Higher Calling: The sport of mountaineering
- Trip-Munk: Meet Ishani Sawant – Woman Extraordinaire!
- IUE Mag: Mountains of the Mind!
- Startup World: Unable to attend ‘Mount Everest Expedition’ due to lack of funding, resulted in starting-up ProEdge Adventures by Ishani, 24
- Inzpiring Horizons UK
- My Pune Pulse: Real Hero: Ishani Sawant- Scaling New Heights
- Sakal Times: Birthdays, Make it more memorable
- Unnati Award: 21 extraordinary women felicitated for Womens’ Day
- 4play: Gajraj: The Latest Addition To Multipitch Trad Climbing in India
- Pinnacle Club UK: The best week of 2016?