Driving from Delhi to Ladakh seem interesting right? I get so many enquiries from friends saying we are a group of 4 and want to drive to Leh, need your advice.
So here are some important things you should consider before planning this trip:
- Firstly self driven cars like zoomcar aren’t allowed in Ladakh, except on the highway.
- You should take a taxi over there or a vehicle that one of your blood relatives owns.
- You can hire rental cars but for Ladakh sightseeing and pangong tso you can not take this car.
- If you are taking the Manali-Leh route you need to get permit. If you opt for Srinagar route no permits required.
- In leh you can hire local taxi or bikes for sightseeing. They have set rates. Or use local transport too.
- June to September is best time for road trip. Leh falls under rain shadow area so you need not worry. However, carry rain gear.
- Regarding budget, Leh is very budget friendly it is up to you how much you want to spend on stay or how you want to travel.
If you need info on planning your trip, booking hotels etc please feel free to contact me. If you have liked this post please give your feedback by commenting below.