EXTREME launches Virtual Reality Division
WE ARE STANDING ON THE BRINK OF ONE OF THE MOST EXCITING REVOLUTIONS THAT THE ENTERTAINMENT WORLD HAS EVER WITNESSED. MODERN VIRTUAL REALITY IS ABOUT TO CHANGE THE WAY WE LIVE, AND VIEW FOREVER.
Utilising EXTREME’s brand reach and proprietary assets EXTREME VR is developing live experiences, branded hardware and producing virtual reality content for all platforms including Samsung Gear VR, Oculus Rift, Sony Playstation VR and HTC Vive.
“Oculus Rift is the next, most exciting platform” Mark Zuckerberg.
With this incredibly exciting new platform providing a totally revolutionary landscape for creating immersive and engaging entertainment the initial step was taken in 2015 via a co-production with film distributor Coffee & Cigarettes to produce The EXTREME Drift Allstars virtual reality series from the EXTREME Drift Allstars championship stop in Riga, Latvia and Goodwood Festival of Speed drift demo. “We are delighted to bring the thrills of action motorsports to the world of virtual reality. Our first production is set for a Q1 2016 release in conjunction with the hard launch of several new HMDs and VR platforms. “The content we are producing is a perfect fit for this new market and we are looking forward to growing our production slate throughout 2016 and beyond.” Alistair Gosling CEO.
EXTREME’s plans include branded hardware including headsets launching shortly and four more series in development and a full length feature film in the pipe line for 2017/18 that will all tap into the brands roster of over100 sponsored ambassadors, 70 annual events, and engaged social media community with a reach of over 400,000,000 p/m and video views of over 100,000,000 p/m
EXTREME Drift Allstars VR trailer
EXTREME Drift Allstars Part 1
EXTREME Drift Allstars Part 2
EXTREME Drift Allstars Part 3
Who is investing in VR:
1. July 2014 – Facebook’s $2.1 billion acquisition of Oculus
2. October 2014 – Google lead a $542m investment in Magic Leap (light field VR technology)
3. Q1 2015 – $117m invested in VR content (source CB Insights)
4. Q2 2015 – $131m invested in VR content (source CB Insights)
5. June 2015 – $50m invested in Matterport (3D camera technology)
6. July 2015 – WEAREVR offers $1.5m to fund VR content productions
7. September 2015 – Disney, Sky, China Media Capital (govt investment firm) among those investing $65 million in Jaunt (360° camera technology)